Friday, January 6, 2012

6jan_bugheart_grubveebeach

over new years
wee grub
made
the
big
trek
from switzerland
to mexico.

. . . . .

her first plane ride.
her first trip outside the country.
her first stamp in her passport.

6jan_weegrub_planeride

vee was
a real trooper.
from
the pre-flight overnight stay in geneva
to
the 12-hour long flight across the atlantic
to
the hotel in mexico city
to
a long car ride
from
huatulco to puerto escondido.

she cried some
but overall
she weathered it
as well as better than
her parents.

we feel
pretty lucky
to have
such
a
adaptable
little
vee.

once we arrived
in puerto escondido
vee took
to the warmth
like a duck to water.
she loves
hanging out
in nothing
but a diaper
by the pool
or sprawled
on the bed
in our room.

vee in mexico

while i am
sweating
in the field,
grub
takes morning walks
with her
when it's not
too hot.

6jan_weegrub_walking

during
the heat
of the day
she hangs out
in her play pen
or
chill-laxing
with dad
by the pool
(tough life, no?).

thedailyvee-vpool

now that
she has
reached
3 months
& the end of
the 4th trimester)
she is much
more like
a little person.
eyes open
and aware.
she grasps
things
with
determination.

6jan_weegrub_grasping

she spends
a great deal
of time
rolling
around
and
on her tummy.
i think
that
it won't
be long
before
she starts
to crawl.
{gulp}

thedailyvee-tummy

we are
adjusting
to
our temporary
life here.
we realize
that
this is
a special time
for
so many
reasons.
we are trying
to enjoy
it.

all of it.

6jan_bugheart_vee_blue

xo

3 comments:

  1. she is just...perfect...sigh, makes me miss my squishy little newborn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your blog. I also live in Switzerland as an expat (me Czech, my man English) and I also had my baby here - 8 months ago. We live by the lake Geneva. I wish you and your family all the best in the new year - in Switzerland and out.
    Lenka Mellor (and wee Timmy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's getting so big! As beautiful as ever. Wish I was chill-axing by a pool!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much
for stopping by...
hope to see you again
soon.
xo