Friday, August 5, 2011

the young entomologist
the budding entomologist

one reason
i am pretty
particular
about
gendered clothing
is i didn't like
very girlie
things as a kid.
i wanted
to hang out
with my brothers
and wear overalls
and climb trees
and be tough.

of all my toys
i loved
stuffed animals
best of all.
i organized them
by size,
threw parties
for them,
had meetings,
etc.
my obsession
was mostly
with penguins
but
i loved
all sorts of
animals.

borrowing a tv
me, in front, with my favorite bear

my favorite
animal was
my bear charlie
(although
i think
knickerbocker
was a close 2nd).
grub has
a turtle
somewhere in
our storage
that i think
was his favorite
stuffed animal.

there
are tons
of cute handmade
animals
that i covet
for wee grub
{and secretly
for me too}
and
i hope
to make quite
a few as well.



fox

bunch
bedfellows by camilla engman

i wonder
what toy
wee grub
will end
up loving best
of all...

bon week-end.
xo

1 comment:

  1. You have an eye for finding such wonderful stuffed animals. I'd love to hear what grub's favourite will be in the future.

    Happy weekend, Gwen!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much
for stopping by...
hope to see you again
soon.
xo