Friday, May 13, 2011

wee grub @ 23 weeks

with each
week
it becomes
a little
more
real
to me...

the limitations
of my belly:

can't eat
as much.
can't run
for the bus.
feels pretty
uncomfortable
to bend over
to tie my shoes.

the reality
of
my near future:

balancing
baby and work.
apartment-hunting
with a new
perspective
(bathtubs,
washing machines,
and a space
we won't mind being
in ALOT).

the excitement:
something
really is
in there!
what will
wee grub look
like?

the fear:
can i balance
relationship & baby?
work & baby?
new parents
in a new land...
how will we
manage?

so much
to think about
as my belly
grows.

grub arrives
monday.
finally!

xo

2 comments:

  1. a washing machine will be your best friend, so make sure when you are looking that it is a deal breaker. It'll be really hard in the beginning, but you'll figure it out and then your fears will pass. Babies open up a whole new world. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. While you're at it, keep an eye out for sleepwear that opens in the front. Feeding at night was so much nicer when I didn't have to take my top off! And I agree that coin-op laundry would be a serious hassle, even without a brand new grubby!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much
for stopping by...
hope to see you again
soon.
xo